Orion were contacted to help establish the cause of the outbreak of Legionella at a Local Authority managed property. A rapid response team of specialists were dispatched to the elderly persons residential property.
Orion quickly established that a DIY shower installation. A washing machine hose was used to feed the shower and this is where the Legionella was breeding. This outbreak was estimated to be 150,000 CFU/mL. Systems tested on a regular basis should not have any detection of Legionella.
- Rapid response time from Orion’s specialist Legionella team
- Assessed and established cause of Legionella
- Full water treatment including disinfection and flushing of water outlets
- Carried out extensive remedial work to eradicate all Legionella bacteria in the system.
- Repeat programme of temperature testing, monitoring and reporting to manage Legionella risk