As part of a heating maintenance team, our Domestic Gas Engineers are expected to provide a comprehensive repairs and maintenance service to domestic heating installations and appliances in client properties.The successful Domestic Gas Engineer will be able to analyse, fault find and carry out repairs and services in a professional manner and to a high standard in compliance with and in accordance with current regulation / legislation.
- ACS qualifications – minimum of CCN1, CEN1, WAT1, (CENWAT), CKR1, HTR1 & CPA1
- City & Guilds/NVQ in Mech Eng, HVAC or building services
- Energy Efficiency knowledge and experience
- Certificate of Asbestos Awareness Training (training can be provided)
- Previous experience in diagnosing faults on domestic gas central heating systems.
- Full driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work alone and within a team
We are a building engineering company and offer an emergency call out service. The role will involve attending pre-booked customer appointments in the Hertfordshire area. Appointments are booked by the office team and clients are primarily the council. You would be responsible for offering an excellent service for the customer and quality workmanship, and ensuring all work meets current regulations.
- Company vehicle
- You would be covered under company insurance and gas safe registration
- Ongoing support in the form of auditing and training
- Must have a minimum 1 years’ experience domestic boiler breakdowns/fault finding
- hold valid gas qualifications (Advantage)
- Must have water regulation certificates (City & Guilds)
- Must have a valid UK driving license
- “Can do” attitude, working with honesty and integrity
- Good knowledge of the unsafe situation’s procedures and correctly following procedure on AR/ID situations if encountered
- Boiler breakdowns and fault finding
- Boiler servicing and general maintenance
- Landlord gas safety checks
- Emergency water/gas leaks
- General heating and plumbing problems
- Some installation work but 95% of jobs will be repairs/maintenance
Due to the expansion of our services, we are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, motivated individual to join our dedicated installation team. Working to tight deadlines, the successful candidate must be highly motivated possessing excellent communication and organisational skills and have the ability to prioritise tasks to see the job through from its start to completion. An enthusiastic approach and willing to learn is paramount.
The ideal candidate will have at least 12 months hand on Installation experience and good working knowledge of commercial plantroom installation.
- Company van
- Monday to Friday (08:00 AM – 17:00 PM)
- Minimum 1-year commercial applications (Required)
- COCN1 (Commercial core gas)
- Representing Orion Building Engineering Services Ltd as a key member of the team in a presentable professional manner on site and client facing.
- Communicating with clients, consultants and Project Managers.
- Carry out installations within agreed time scales, to required specification and to budget.
- Client Handovers / Demonstrations
- Provide technical support and remote assistance.
- Attend project meetings when required.
- Work from and prepared drawings, cable schedules, terminating sheets and work from site plans.
- Follow Project Managers instructions and contribute to engineering solutions on site.
We are looking for a committed Contracts Coordinator to work in our contract department at our office in Hemel Hempstead. This is a full-time role, working within a small team earning a competitive salary and benefits package.
As a contracts coordinator, you’ll be tasked with the effective and efficient running of the Contract Department. The role will require excellent planning and organization skills, a professional telephone manner, and excellent administration skills. Other tasks will include attending meetings with clients and assisting on other projects as needed. You’ll be passionate about delivering seamless client experiences, building up relationships, and collaborating where appropriate. You will assist with new contract tender applications. Working within a regulated and process-driven environment, you will need to have an accurate eye for details, with strong admin skills.
The successful applicant:
- Solid experience in facilities management or a similar role.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills and experience working with excel in previous role/s.
- Demonstrable experience in having to have a high attention to detail.
- Experience providing reporting for senior managers.
- Experience dealing with outsourced providers.
- Assertive, independent and proactive.